Active physiotherapy comes after when the muscles and joints can move with minimal discomfort. The function of these exercises is to increase the affected limb’s range of motion, depending on the extent of the injury. Some of the activities include walking, stretching, manual therapy, cycling, and aerobics.
What are the different types of physiotherapy?
4 Types of Physiotherapy you should be aware of
- Geriatric Physical Therapy.
- Sports Physical Therapy.
- Orthopedic Physiotherapy.
- Pediatric Physical Therapy.
What are the 4 types of physiotherapy?
21 Types of Physiotherapists
- ORTHOPEDIC PHYSIOTHERAPISTS. …
- CARDIO-RESPIRATORY PHYSIOTHERAPIST. …
- PEDIATRIC PHYSIOTHERAPIST / KIDS PHYSIOTHERAPIST. …
- SPORT PHYSIOTHERAPIST / SPORTS INJURY PHYSIOTHERAPIST. …
- WOMEN’S HEALTH PHYSIOTHERAPIST. …
- PELVIC FLOOR PHYSIOTHERAPIST. …
- NEURO PHYSIOTHERAPIST.
What is the types of passive physiotherapy?
Passive physiotherapy is therapy that is performed on the client rather than by the client. It can include techniques like massage, acupressure, heat packs, and mobilisation and machines like ultrasounds, interferential, TENS, laser, and traction.
What are the 3 types of physiotherapy?
What are the Different Types of Therapy Included in Physiotherapy…
- Sports Physiotherapy. Sports physiotherapy is a special branch of physiotherapy that deals with sports professionals and athletes. …
- Rehabilitation and Pain Management. …
- Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy.
Which is the best type of physiotherapy?
Orthopaedic physiotherapy is the most common form of physical therapy. It deals with the broadest range of issues. Sports physiotherapists use orthopaedic therapy to treat sports injuries. Still, we recommend this type of treatment for anybody recovering from surgeries involving their muscles or bones.
What are the main branches of physiotherapy?
Branches of Physiotherapy
- Musculo-skeletal physiotherapy.
- Cardio-Thoracic Physiotherapy:
- Neurological Physiotherapy.
- 4 . Physiotherapy in Rehabilitation.
- 5.Physiotherapy in Obstetrics.
- 6.Sports Physiotherapy.
- 7.Physiotherapy in fitness and postural care.
- 8.Paediatric Physiotherapy.
What is active movement physiotherapy?
The movement performed within the unrestricted ROM controlled by the voluntary contraction of the muscle is known by Active Movement in Physiotherapy.
What are active movements?
active movement movement produced by the person’s own muscles. … passive movement a movement of the body or of the extremities of a patient performed by another person without voluntary motion on the part of the patient.
What is the difference between active and passive therapy?
Passive treatments require the patient to be a submissive recipient of treatment. Passive treatment can help with immediate pain relief, but active treatment keeps the patient functional in the long term.