What is a light touch massage?
Light touch massage is a bodywork technique that incorporates elements of a number of other therapies, including lymph drainage, cranio-sacral, and can also be used on individuals (especially seniors) who may be uncomfortable disrobing. … Light touch therapy can also be done with clothing on (no undressing).
What is a soft massage?
Soft tissue massage is a form of massage therapy where the joints and soft tissues are exercised to lessen muscle tension and pain.
What are the 4 types of massage?
The first thing that every student must master is “the basics.” The four basic massage strokes are effleurage-(light or deep stroking), petrisage-(kneading), tapotement-(gentle slapping), and friction.
What is light massage called?
Swedish massage uses a series of light, long strokes to ease surface tension and stimulate circulation in the muscles. Deep tissue massage may include strokes similar to those of Swedish massage, but the therapist will apply the strokes more forcefully.
What is a feather touch massage?
A superior light touch with a feather or fingertips that promotes deep relaxation and sensory stimulation for those who enjoy being softly tickled or cannot tolerate deeper forms of bodywork.
What should you not do during a massage?
What NOT to Say / Do with Your Massage Therapist
- Ask your massage therapist to go see a movie / come to your house / etc. …
- Excessive noises. …
- Comment on our looks/attractiveness. …
- Poke your head out of the room to let us know you’re ready. …
- Start undressing while we are still in the room. …
- Touch us.
What you should not do after massage?
Keep these in mind to make the most of your therapy.
- Don’t #1. Don’t Forget to Drink Water.
- Don’t #2. Don’t Shower Immediately.
- Don’t #3. Don’t Shower With Hot Water.
- Don’t #4. Don’t Eat a Heavy Meal After a Massage.
- Don’t #5. Don’t Head Outside or Do Anything Strenuous.
- To Summarise, Here are Tips to Follow After a Massage.
What is the difference between soft and deep tissue massage?
Instead of focusing on slow and pressured movements to affect the deep layers, soft tissue massage focuses on working with a range of depths, pressures and durations. As a massage therapy it will aim to work with your muscles, tendons, ligaments and will be very similar to the techniques used in deep tissue massage.
What is the deepest massage?
Deep tissue massage
During a deep tissue massage, your massage therapist will use slow strokes and deep finger pressure to relieve tension from the deepest layers of your muscles and connective tissues. You can be naked during this massage or wear your underwear.
What is the most relaxing massage?
The Most Relaxing Types of Massages
- Swedish Massage. The most common type of massage therapy, Swedish massage will help to relax you with a combination of specific movements including: …
- Hot Stone Massage. Another very relaxing type of massage is the hot stone massage. …
- Chair Massage. …
- Aromatherapy Massage.
What is a tandem massage?
Tandem Massage is delivering the ultimate therapy for effective tension release… With this massage, you receive double the relaxation and tension relief in half the time with benefits that last much longer! Tandem Massage delivers ultimate therapy for extreme tension release.
Why is it called Swedish massage?
As the name suggests, this type of massage originated in Sweden in the 1830s. Swedish fencing instructor Per Henrik Ling reportedly cured his elbow injuries using percussion strokes around the affected area.